Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Maths are usefull, I'll show you the proof...

Le denouement de mon appartement est proche ! J'ai la date officielle : 30 mars ! Plus qu'un mois et demi, a peine, fevrier est un capricieux simili-mois.

Pour le reste, descendez un peu cher lecteurs francophones et depoussierez votre englais pour comprendre le detail exact de ce que je dois paye le premier mois !

Original english part start here :


My apartment story is evolving. I have an official date : 30th of March, that's one month and a half, not that bad.

And here is what it cost me for the first payment :
The total amount of the first payment is approx. 555,000 yen including:

-Deposit / 192,000 (2 month's rent)
-Key money to the owner of the apt/ 96,000( a month's rent)
-Rent for Mar and Apr / 6193 (Mar on per diem) + 96,000 (Apr)
-JID guarantee fee / 30,300 (for 2 yrs)  
- management fee / 322 (Mar on per diem) + 5000( Apr)
- Fire insurance / 15,750 (for 2 yrs)
-Auto transfer fee / 3000 (for 2 yrs)
-Charges for the agent / 100,800

TOTAL: 545,470 YEN

In canadian dollars that is more than 5 000$ in one month ! Hopefully, like I said before, the company is going to make this humongous paiement and I will be able to break this amount in a couple of months. But the company DO expect me to repay them asap.

Finally, don't ask me what the Auto transfer fee or the JID guarantee fee is, I have no idea, neither do the people I ask at work. They said they could call the agent and ask, but that it would probably not change the fact I need to pay them, so what's the point ?

6 comments:

Reb said...

Looking at the insurance fees: does that mean you`re there for at least two years?
Lucky bastard ;)

Matchoc said...

I didn't had a choice (it's always 2 years). But with what it just cost me ? I darn hope I'm here for more than that !

Unknown said...

When you decided to rent this apartment, first, didn't the agent say about the detail of the payment like you wrote this blog?? In Japan when we rent an apartment, always we have to pay a lot at the first month. It is normal. But about the insurance and auto transfer fee, it is better to ask the agent. I also feel weird. If you need any help, please tell me!!

Matchoc said...

Thank you for posting Kazue :).

No, except for the two fees I mentionned everything else was pretty clear. I know what I was getting into. It's just that this was the official invoice. Now I have to pay ;_; !

And the two fees aren't so much, and even if I know what they are, the chances are I can't get away from them anyway right ?

Anonymous said...

salut Guillaume... mais tes dépôts, ne seront-ils pas déduits de tes prochains loyers?? C'est complètement ridicule d'avoir à payer autant... quelle est la raison derrière tout ça? pourquoi y a-t-il autant de frais??

Véro, une cousine qui aime bien comprendre

P.s. as-tu trouvé une caméra?

Matchoc said...

Le key money c'est suppose etre de l'argent que tu donnes a ton proprio pour qu'il fasse des renovations avant que tu emmenages. Mais t'sais. Donne de l'argent a quelqu'un en lui demandant "svp, fait le plus de reparations possible dans l'appartement que je m'apprete a utilise et que j'ai de toute facon deja achete...". Generalement le proprio change les tatamis (quand il y en a), il va faire le menage pis c'est a peu pres ca.

Le deposit money, c'est suppose etre de l'argent que tu met en depot pour les degats que tu vas (necessairement) causes pendant que tu habites l'appartement. Normalement, si tu n'as pas fait aucune eraflure, tu devrais revoir la totalite de ton depot quand tu quitte. Mais allons, c'est sur qu'ils vont trouver quelque chose; un trou, un clou, une pecadille, et paf ! le proprio coupe dans ton depot :).

Evidement, comme il faut passer par un agent immobilier pour avoir l'appartement il faut le payer.

Le management fee. C'est un montant totalement arbitraire qui est sense payer le concierge de l'etablissement, je crois. Genre reparation dans les corridors, entretien general, le coup d'utilisation de l'ascenseur, etc.

Fire insurance c'est assez self-descriptif.

Les deux autres comme j'ai dit, je sais pas c'est quoi. Je me demande si le JID guarantee c'est pas parce que je suis un etranger et que ca prend une compagnie pour m'endosser ou qq chose comme ca.